Traeger recipes can make your summer BBQ cooking a breeze. And with their new app, you can do it all from your phone! This article will give you the best 15 Traeger Recipes to try out at your next backyard BBQ party.
It’s time for grilling season and we’re here to help get your grill on! We’ve got some expert advice and tips that’ll have you cooking like a pro in no time.
Pellets VS Wood in Your Smoker
For most people, wood-burning smokers are not practical. Pellet smokers utilize pellets that can readily be bought at most hardware stores. These pellets come in many “flavors” to give the smoke character.
You can test your pellet grill smoke by using any flavor you wish.
What Smoker Wood Pellet Flavors Should You Use?
- Cherry – Cherry-flavored wood carries with it traces of sweetness and slight flavors of wild fruits. Perfect for duck, chicken, and other poultry types, and even for pork, cherry flavor is a good option.
- Apple – Apple also has slight traces of sweetness, but as compared to cherry, the flavor is deeper and thicker. It is well suited for chicken, duck, pork, and beef.
- Hickory – Hickory goes with many types of meats, including poultry and even cheese. Along with the traces of meatiness, this wood has a strong and pungent taste.
- Maple – With poultry and cheese, maples make an excellent combination. The flavor offered is mild, with a slight touch of sweetness.
- Oak – Oak gives a deep smoky flavor. Though oak resembles hickory, the taste is not as pungent as that of hickory. It efficiently pairs with a vast flavor range, allowing the meat to have a rich and complex taste.
Our Favorite Wood Pellets: Traeger Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets
- SIGNATURE BLEND WOOD FIRED FLAVOR: The flavors of hickory, maple, and cherry hardwoods combine for in our Traeger Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets for flavor that can take on just about anything you cook; From classic BBQ meats, to fish and veggies, this versatile blend gives you full-bodied flavor youll go back to time and time again
- NOT ALL PELLETS ARE CREATED EQUAL: The best wood-fired grill on the market demands the best wood pellets on the market. Real taste doesnt just happen, it’s tied to quality materials and achieving perfect smoke; It starts with all-natural hardwood pellets made in American mills
- TRAEGER HAS SPENT YEARS DEVELOPING THE PERFECT PELLET: Our hardwoods unique compact cell structure results in a balanced, dependable burn; Traeger has spent years mastering the development of hardwood pellets that have just the right amount of moisture content—the sweet spot—to maintain a perfect burn-to-smoke ratio
- PAIRS WELL WITH EVERYTHING: Pairs especially well with Beef, Poultry, Pork, Lamb, Seafood, Baked Goods, Vegetables
- FEATURES: Made in USA, Premium Quality, All-Natural, Clean Burn, No Binders, Low Ash, 20lb
Tips For First Time Traeger Grill Users:
- If you’re feeding large groups, it may not always fit in your oven or on top of stovetop burners so buy one that is big enough for all those guests!
- Join the Traeger Facebook group where BBQ lovers are happy to share advice about using these machines- there’s no better way to learn how they work than by asking others who already know what works best.
- Don’t worry if things aren’t perfect the first time around – play around until YOU find something good then stick with it
Why Use A Traeger Wood Pellet Grill?
The Traeger Pellet Grill & Smoker is a reliable workhorse machine with sturdy construction and quality parts. Plus, it uses tried-and-true auger technology to feed pellets into the smoker at just the right rate so that your temperature will be consistent all throughout grilling or smoking!
Traegers have been super easy for new smokers too, their service has been outstanding in my experience as they’ve helped me maintain consistency when using their products.
Our Favorite Traeger Grill: Traeger Pro Series 34
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste
- Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Pro Series 34 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection
- Precision temperature control: The Digital Pro Controller rocks Advanced Grilling Logic, which maintains a +/- 15 degree F temperature control to guarantee precision grilling. 450 °F Max Temp
- Sturdy and Durable: Powerful steel construction and durable powder coat finish, easy to clean porcelain grill grates and all-terrain wheels
- Large cooking capacity: 884 sq. in. cooking capacity that can accomodate 8 chickens, 7 racks of ribs or 40 burg
The Best Smoked Traeger Recipes!
These are our ultimate guide to easy Traeger recipes for smoking. These Traeger recipes were tested by us and are super simple to make. They are perfect for someone who has only started smoking or for a veteran who knows his way around the Traeger. You’ll find 15 of our favorite Traeger recipes that the whole family with enjoy!
1. BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
This BBQ sandwich is a whole new flavor explosion with the help of our homemade pickles. We use Persian cucumbers for their tangy crunch and combines them in this dish alongside pulled pork butt, which has been slow-cooked until fork-tender before shredding into bite-size pieces on top with just enough sauce so that each mouthful bursts with unique sensations!
This Traeger recipe will have you coming back again soon because not only does pork taste great but also contains many health benefits from both fresh vegetables like carrots and onion.
Found from Traeger
2. Crispy Grilled Chicken Wings
You’re going to love this recipe. The crispiest, most flavorful smoked chicken wings you’ll ever make are cooked at 450 F for 25-30 minutes on a grill (gas or charcoal), and only require olive oil with kosher salt and pepper. With these easy steps, anyone can have their own delicious batch any time they want!
Found from Well Seasoned Studio
3. Smoked Baby Back Ribs
Smoked Baby Back Ribs are a classic comfort food that will make your next get-together perfect. With this recipe, they’re tender, not messy, and completely fall off the bone! The meat falls away with little effort making them easy to eat while still providing you with tons of flavor in each bite.
Smoking baby back ribs is an art form but it only takes one master smoker who knows how to do this right for everyone else to enjoy.
Found from The Wooden Skillet
4. Prime Rib Roast
The glorious aroma of smoke fills your kitchen as you lay eyes on the Traeger Smoked Prime Rib Roast. This delectable recipe is so versatile, it can be prepared in a variety of ways: pan-seared or smoked with mirepoix and au jus for those who like their meat cooked medium-rare.
This dish can also be covered in cheese sauce while still warm before adding toppings such as sauteed mushrooms and onions if a more well-done fare is desired!
Found from Traeger
5. Smoked Shredded Beef Dip Sandwich
You can’t beat the flavor of our Smoked and Shredded Beef Dip Sandwich. It starts with a tender beef roast, which is then slow-smoked before being braised in rich au jus for an unforgettable sandwich that’s sure to put your taste buds on overload!
We pile it high with tons more cheese than you would ever imagine possible.
Found from Or Whatever You Do
6. Traeger Smoked Smashed Potatoes
When you’re looking for a side dish recipe that is just as delicious but has an added adventure to it. What could be better than Traeger Smoked Smashed Potatoes? These potatoes are cooked in two different ways: either on a pellet grill or inside of your oven!
No matter how they come out; whether it’s crispy golden brown perfection with smokey charcoals–or soft fluffy insides from being boiled-either way these bad boys will leave everyone satisfied and wanting more.
Found from Or Whatever You Do
7. Traeger Smoked Turkey
For the holidays, this Traeger Smoked Turkey recipe is an incredible Traeger recipe! With crispy skin and juicy meat that will make your mouth water with every bite. Plus it has a great smokey flavor perfect for those who love their food smoky.
You won’t be able to stop at just one slice of this smoked turkey when served over mashed potatoes or stuffing bread bowls – there’s no doubt about it: everyone at family gatherings will love how delicious they are too!
Found from Good Life Eats
8. Smoked Brisket
Who doesn’t love a good brisket, but the smoked beef variety is something else. It’s more than just about how it looks or tastes; this recipe is melt-in-your-mouth goodness for true enjoyment! Smoked Beef Brisket doesn’t need any fancy ingredients because all you really need are salt and pepper with some smoke here and there.
That way nothing can come between you and eating one of life’s greatest pleasures: excellent meat cooked low & slow over indirect heat until tender enough so that every bite feels like an Experience Worth Having!
Found from Oh Sweet Basil
9. Smoked Queso Dip
Get ready for the best-smoked cheese dip recipe ever! Smoked Queso is a mix of flavorful Mexican chorizo sausage, creamy cheeses with tomatoes and green chiles. It’s perfect as an appetizer or main dish by itself – either way, you’re going to love this mouthwatering combo that has been smoked right in front of your eyes.
All it takes are some simple ingredients: combine ’em up on your Traeger grill (we recommend cooking at high heat), then finish off under good old-fashioned low heat so all those tasty flavors stay intact without drying out too quickly before eating.
Found from Ericas Recipes
10. Traeger Beer Can Chicken
Mop up some major flavor! All it takes is our Chicken Rub, a can of beer, and some Traeger mesquite heat for moist & tender poultry perfection. Our Beer Can Chicken uses no fancy equipment to hold your bird on its leg while smoking-you doesn’t even need wood chips.
This dish relies heavily on the chicken legs forming a tripod that cradles in between two metal bars over an open fire pit below. Supermoist with a delicious taste you’re going love from both ends, this whole grilled chicky will make all other chickens look dull by comparison.
Found from Or Whatever You Do
11. BBQ Brisket Burnt Ends
Burnt ends are the most delicious and fatty bits of brisket. They come from the point section, which is fattier than flat due to layers of fat that render out during the cooking process
The flavor profile for burnt end comes mostly from smoky flavors imparted by long smoking over hardwood fires with little airflow as well in ovens at high temps – think about setting up your BBQ next time you smoke something else!
Read also: Easy BBQ Appetizers
Found from Smoked Meat Sunday
12. Smoked Mac and Cheese
You’ve not had a real mac and cheese until you try our smoked version. It’s rich, creamy with an unforgettable flavor that will make your taste buds go wild! Plus it couldn’t be easier to make- all we need are some ingredients from the grocery store fridge or pantry section and about 20 minutes of time cooking.
Those delicious flavors in its most basic form: pasta mixed together into a one-pot dish perfect for two people; Our Traeger recipe makes enough so everyone can chow down on this gem easily without getting too sick after only eating half.
Found from Smokey Grill BBQ
13. Smoked Brussel Sprouts and Bacon
We love smoking veggies! Here is a great smoked Brussels Sprouts recipe that’s perfect for any time of year. But also not too complicated or fancy because some people had their favorite dishes. After trying these Smoked Bacon Brussels Sprout Mix, party guests will rave about how good it tasted!
Found from Cook What You Love
14. Teriyaki Smoked Steak Bites
These Teriyaki Smoked Steak Bites are delicious and easy enough for a beginner smoker, but pack enough flavor to satisfy an experienced one. These bite-sized pieces of steak were marinated in our special Asian blend before going on the grill at high heat so they’re soft yet still packing plenty of juicy taste!
Our recipe also includes soy sauce instead of sugar which keeps it healthy without sacrificing any great flavors–plus we added some sesame seeds because who doesn’t love them?
Found from Gimme Some Grilling
15. Smoked Turkey Legs
These drumsticks aren’t your average, run-of-the-mill wing night special. They’re big on flavor with a crusted outside and juicy turkey inside! So if you want to treat yourself this week go medieval by slow smoking these turkey bad boys over a wood fire for maximum tenderness.
Found from Traeger
There you have it. 15 of our favorite Traeger recipes for grilling and roasting, as well as a few tips on how to make each one even better than before. I hope these ideas help motivate you to get out there and use your Traeger grills!
If not, we’ve got plenty more great pellet grill recipes; so stay tuned! As always, thank you all for reading, and take care!