Grilling food is a “grate” way to cook and experiment with flavors. Grilling your food will also help to reduce your fat intake as less fat is needed to grill meat and vegetables, and excess fat can drip away during the process.
If you’re cooking vegetables on the grill, you’ll also find that they take less time to cook compared to other more traditional methods and therefore retain more of their natural nutrition and flavor.
There are advantages to cooking meat on a grill as well, as meat cooked over an open flame retains more natural nutrients and moisture so you’re less likely to need to add more butter or other fattening ingredients to keep the meat moist.
One of the best materials to grill food on is stainless steel. Unlike ceramic grills which may easily break and cast iron which is prone to corrosion, stainless steel is both lightweight and durable, making it ideal for grilling.
Stainless steel is a high-quality material that can withstand high-temperature fluctuations, doesn’t rust, and is easy to clean. This is because less grilling residue remains stuck to the smooth surface which means it offers easy maintenance for users.
You can expect to pay little more for a stainless steel grill, however, as this durable material comes at something of a premium compared with cast iron grates, for example.
If you’re looking for a new stainless steel grill you will no doubt have realized just how many different options are out there.
If you’re struggling to find the best grill for your needs or aren’t sure what to look for, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve put together a comprehensive guide of all things grill, including 5 of our best buys and a useful buyer’s guide that deals with all the features you should look out for in your quest for the perfect stainless steel grill.
So read on if you want to avoid making a big misteak…
In a hurry to find the best stainless steel grill?
Why not consider our top choice the Char-Broil 4-Burner Stainless Steel Grill, which offers a solid, stainless construction at an affordable price.
The grill can comfortably accommodate large-sized meals with 425 square inches of primary cooking space and additional fold-away preparation spaces if needed.
The Char-Broil grill boasts a wide temperature range that can be easily adjusted according to your personal cooking preferences or chosen recipe.
Best Stainless Steel Grills In 2022
1. Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
- Power Source: Propane/ liquid petroleum gas. The propane tank is not included.
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
- Porcelain-coated grease pan is durable and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Stainless Steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking
- Porcelain coated cast-iron grates are rust-resistant and made to last
Our top pick is the increasingly popular Char-Broil 4-Burner Stainless Steel Grill, which is available at a very reasonable price.
This is a generously sized grill that offers users 425 square inches of primary cooking space, with an additional 150 square inch swing-away secondary cooking surface area which is an ideal warming rack for sides or toasting buns.
If you’re catering for family or friends, this feature would be really useful. The Char-Broil grill features 4 durable stainless steel top-ported burners that have been designed for longer-lasting performance and offers a wide temperature range that is very easy to control and modify.
The model also includes a 10,000 BTU lidded side burner which would be great for preparing sauces or sides when grilling. The lid can be folded down securely when not in use to protect the burner and doubles up as an additional work or prep space.
You shouldn’t have any issues starting up this grill as well thanks to the electronic ignition system which fires up the grill quickly and easily with just the push of a button.
A lid-mounted temperature gauge offers increased heat monitoring and control.
The Char-Broil grill is complete with a removable grease tray and pan to allow for easy maintenance. The sleek, stainless steel construction looks great and the grate is rust-resistant to help prevent food from sticking to the surface.
With such an affordable price tag, you can’t go wrong with this grill.Check Price on Amazon
2. Weber 62006001 Genesis II S-435 4-Burner Stainless Steel Grill
- GS4 high performance grilling system featuring infinity ignition, high-performance burners, stainless steel flavorizer bars and a grease management system
- 4 stainless steel high-performance burners, 1 side burner and 1 sear station burner deliver up to 69,000 BTUs of combined output
- 7mm diameter solid stainless steel rod cooking grates provide superior heat retention
- Ample Cooking Surface. Up to 844 sq in, including the tuck-away warming rack.
- Compatible with iGrill 3. The iGrill 3 monitors food from beginning to end, and notifies you once it has reached the perfect temperature
- 10 year warranty, 100% Weber guarantee
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Our next choice, the Weber 62006001 Stainless Steel Grill, is a very high-quality grill for a high-end but fair price.
This premium quality grill features durable stainless steel rod cooking grates that provide even heat distribution across the grilling surface, which helps to ensure your food is cooked to perfection.
The Weber model offers 4 stainless steel burners, 1 side burner, and 1 sear station burner which deliver up to 69,000 BTUs of combined output, meaning that this is a very powerful grill indeed.
You’ll have plenty of cooking space with the 844 square inch cooking surface including the tuck-away warming rack, which is a very handy feature to have.
Customers can also make use of the side burner to simmer BBQ sauce or sauté vegetables while the main course continues to grill under the secure lid.
If you’re looking to add sear marks to your meat, the sear station is designed to create an intense heat zone to allow you to do this safely and easily.
The Weber grill is compatible with iGrill 3, which is an app-connected thermometer that allows you to monitor the progress of your food from beginning to end and can display the cooking temperature on your mobile phone.Check Price on Amazon
3. Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Grill
- 288 sq. inches of total cooking surface
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel U shaped burner for maximum heat distribution
- Folding legs and locking lid make moving grill easy
- Chrome-coated warming rack_Stainless steel construction and cooking grates
- Push-button ignition lights burner quickly and easily
This long-lasting stainless steel tabletop grill would be a perfect choice for you if you’re working with a limited space.
The affordable price means that this grill offers excellent value for money.
its compact size, the grill features a good-sized propane tank and has excellent heat output, offering a 10,000 BTU stainless steel ‘U’ shaped burner designed for maximum heat distribution.
The push-button ignition lights the burner quickly and easily and the compact size makes this one ideal for picnics, camping, and backyard use.
The Masterbuilt grill has a total cooking area of 305 square inches, which may not sound much, but should be plenty to cook a meal for the whole family and includes a chrome-plated warming rack.
The grill has folding legs, a locking lid, and a large front carry handle which makes it a very portable option that would be easy to store.
It’s worth noting that this model operates on a small, 16oz disposable propane cylinder, which is not included but is widely available and sold nationwide as a common camping accessory.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly stainless steel grill that could be used for camping trips or cookouts, this grill should do the job nicely.Check Price on Amazon
4. Weber Summit S-670 LP Gas Grill
- 769-square-inch 60,800-BTU gas grill with stainless-steel cooking grates and Flavorizer bars; Primary cooking area (square inches) 624.
- Front-mounted controls; 6 stainless-steel burners; Snap-Jet individual burner ignition system;Dimensions - Lid Open (inches) 57.1 H x 74.1 W x 30 D ; Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 50.5 H x 74.1W x 26.5 D
- Side burner, Sear Station burner, smoker burner, and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner; Warming rack area (square inches) 145
- Enclosed cart; 2 work areas; Grill Out light; requires 20-pound LP tank (sold separately). Battery type: AAA, D; Batteries: 9
- Measures 30 inches long by 74 inches wide by 57 inches high; 5-year limited warranty
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Our next offering is another high-quality, premium grill from the much-loved Weber Store. The Weber Summit S-670 grill does pretty much everything you could need a grill to do, and then some.
It offers a very large 624 square inch primary cooking area which can fit up to 24 burgers according to Weber, with an additional 145 square inches of warming rack to use if needed.
You’ll get 6 stainless steel burners with front-mounted controls and a snap-jet individual burner ignition system which enables you to get started quickly and easily.
The unit has a huge 60,800 BTU-per-hour input across its 6 burners, so you should find that this is a very powerful grill.
In addition to the primary burners, the Weber summit offers users a sear station, a 6,800 smoker burner, and a 10,600 rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner which comes with a flip-up motor and separate spit and fork storage.
You’ll also find a fuel gauge that gives you a useful indication of fuel levels at all times. This high-tech grill is packed with useful design features and would probably be best for serious grillers as it comes with a hefty price tag.Check Price on Amazon
5. Royal Gourmet SG6002 Cabinet Propane Gas Grill, 6 Burner
- 5 stainless steel tube burners (10,000 BTU each), plus sear burner (12,000 BTU) and lidded side burner (9,000 BTU); Total 71,000 BTU.
- Porcelain-enameled cooking grates and warming rack offer a total of 797 square inches cooking area.
- Heavy duty full stainless steel double-layer lid for heat retaining; Built-in thermometer ensures accurate grilling zone temperature measurement.
- Electronic ignition system offers quick start-up with every easy push; Metal side shelf offers additional prep and work space.
If you are on the hunt for a great stainless steel grill that will provide you with plenty of versatility, you should definitely take the Royal Gourmet SG6002 Cabinet Propane Gas Grill, 6 Burner out for a spin.
This grill has 6 burners in total, allowing you to create a fantastic feast for the whole family in a cinch.
The grill gives you a massive 802 square inches of cooking space in total, with the main cooking area measuring 602 square inches. This will allow you to provide a wide variety of delectable treats for a large group.
The grill also comes with lockable wheels on all 4 legs, which means that if you need to move it from one end of the patio to another you will have no problem doing so.
In addition to this, the grill is very durable. It’s fairly simple to maintain, with an easy cleaning process.
It’s an affordable option too, but you would never have thought that just from looking at it.
With a high end look and an attractive price point, this is certainly an ideal grill for that perfect 4th of July BBQ.Check Price on Amazon
Best Stainless Steel Grill Buying Guide
A stainless steel grill should prove to be solid, durable, and easy to clean.
Keep in mind that the interior of your grill is just as important as the exterior.
Look for a grill that features a generous grilling surface area to ensure you have enough room to prepare your meals.
If you plan to use your grill in a home environment, a cooking surface area of around 500 square inches should be plenty.
Power is a very important consideration when it comes to grills. You’ll want to think about how many burners will work best for you, depending on your intended use and whether you will need to use it to cater to large numbers of people.
Remember, the more burners your grill has, the more control you will have over the heat. Many high-end grills will also feature a searing station or side burner, which may also be useful to you if you plan to grill meat regularly.
Choosing a grill with an electronic lighter can save you a lot of time.
Look for a model with a push-button that will quickly and safely ignite the grill so you can start cooking straight away.
A thermometer is an essential part of a grill and is needed to monitor cooking temperatures to ensure food safety is prioritized.
Some grills feature a thermometer that can be removed and used to measure the food’s interior temperature, which can be a very helpful feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of using a stainless steel grill?
Stainless steel is a very resilient and durable material, which makes it ideal for grills.
Stainless steel grills offer good heat retention and allow for easy maintenance as they do not rust and can withstand harsher elements.
The stainless steel surface is usually smoother than other materials and is resistant to sticking, so is perfect for grilling meat and vegetables.