Whether you want to experience the taste of smoked meat or you are planning to prepare delicious flavors within your backyard, you need to ensure that you are buying the best smoker grill combo.
These units come with different features, prices and their size also varies. We know that finding a good smoker and grill combination is not easy due to the numerous options available out there.
To make your work easier, we decided to do thorough research and we came up with a list of the top 9 gas grill and smoker combination available today.
After reading 100’s of reviews, we picked several products based on features, price, and customer reviews, we were able to filter out the top products. Check them out below!
9 Best Smoker Grill Combos Reviews
1. Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Smoker Grill
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste
- Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Texas Elite 34 pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection
- Precision temperature control: The Digital Elite Controller rocks Advanced Grilling Logic, which maintains a +/- 25 degree F temperature control to guarantee precision grilling
- Sturdy and Durable: Powerful steel construction and durable powder coat finish, easy to clean porcelain grill grates and easy-glide wheels with locking casters
- Large cooking capacity: 646 sq. in. cooking capacity that can accomodate 8 chickens, 5 racks of ribs or 30 burgers
If you’re searching for one of the most versatile, durable, and advanced smoker grill combos on the market, then you’ll want to stop right here with the Traeger TFB65LZBC. This combo grill provides exceptional performance as compared to the other models on our list. This grill is well worth your investment.
What you should note about this smoker grill is that it features powerful steel construction and also comprises of a durable powder coating. This tells you that it is among the rare excellent durability units that will last for years.
At times, you will be bored to grill in one area and you may want to move to a different place. For easier movements, it features locking wheels and castors which are very convenient. Those who need a versatile unit will find it useful because it is a 6 in 1 unit.
If you are on a tight budget, this unit might not be the best because it is a bit pricey. However, if you are looking for a unit that will give you value for your money, this one is unarguably the best.
Don’t worry about cleaning because it has a non-stick surface which means that the grill grates are easy to clean. The digital elite controller which maintains temperatures within +/-20 degrees. This feature allows you to cook faster or slowly using the ‘Smoke’ settings. Anytime you want to check the readings you can easily do so from the LCD display.Check Price on Amazon
2. PK Grills PK Original Outdoor Smoker Grill
- A charcoal grill and smoker - pks unique capsule shape and 4 vents make it easy to grill hot and fast or low and slow.
- Cast aluminum construction - aluminum is rust-proof, durable, lightweight and conducts heat 4x more efficiently than Steel Charcoal grills.
- 10-Year - buy with confidence. Pk cast aluminum charcoal grills are covered against rust, burnout or breakage for a full decade.
- Portable - the Original pk grill & smoker Detaches easily from any of its available stand options for transport. As a portable smoker grill, packs are great for Tailgating, camping, fishing/hunting cabins, etc.
- Built to cook - with 300 square inches of cooking surface, This charcoal grill can handle everything from brats to a Thanksgiving Turkey.
- AWARD WINNING CHARCOAL GRILLS - Consumers Digest Best Buy 2017, AmazingRibs Pitmaster Best Value Pitmaster Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2018 Official Grill of Steak Cookoff Association.
The PK Grills PK Original Outdoor Charcoal Grill is our 2nd option with extraordinary features. When you are searching for a grill and smoker combo, one of the most important things you should never overlook is the durability.
What sets PK Grills PK Original Outdoor Grill apart from the rest is the fact that it is made of a cast aluminum material. What you need to know about cast aluminum that it conducts heat 4x more effectively than steel charcoal grills.
The material is also durable, rustproof, and lightweight. For those who love outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and camping, this smoker grill is very convenient because you can easily detach it from its stand for easier carrying.
Did we mention that it comes with a 10 year warranty? This is unbelievable and gives you an assurance that it will serve you for many years. A 300 square inches surface area means that it can handle different types of foods.Check Price on Amazon
3. Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado
- 314 square inches of primary cooking space, warming rack 133 square inches for a total of 447 square inches
- Assembled Dimensions: 45 L x 31 W x 47 H | Weight: 97.0 lb
- Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow means insulated heat for juicy meat and folding side shelves
- Cooking surface is cast iron, Body is constructed of 22 gauge steel, Exterior finish is powder coated steel, Interior finish is porcelain coated steel
- Cart is constructed of tubular steel w/rubber wheels, locking caster on front, Indexed damper is numbered so you can note the position of the damper
- Features Locking Lid, 2 folding black metal shelves, Easy dump ash pan, Double wall insulation, Heat gauge
Char-Griller E16620 features in this list for its value for money. Due to its solid steel construction and the 22-gauge steel, you are sure that it will last for a long time. The tripled wall enables it to retain heat and maintain temperatures of 200- 700 Fahrenheit.
Since you may require to use it in different places, 8-inch front wheels and a rear casting locking wheels are included to enhance mobility. Don’t worry about cleaning because it comes with a dump ash pan which makes cleaning to be a breeze.
A bottom damper is also included which regulated the flow of air and temperatures. The other thing we noted is the removable 133-inch warming rack. The removable warming rack is one of the exceptional features we didn’t find in other grill and smoker combo.
Also, note that it comes with 2 convenient side shelves that feature utensils hooks. These shelves are easy to fold when not in use to create storage space.
Check Price on Amazon
4. Pit Boss Grills 72700S PB72700S, BBQ Smoker Grill
- 700 sq. In. Total cooking surface
- Porcelain coated cast iron grids
- Digitally controlled burn system
- Fueled by 100% natural wood pellets
- Upgraded cart with locking caster wheels
Pit Boss 72700S PB72700S is undoubtedly one of the best. The most notable thing is that it has a total cooking surface area of 700 square inches which means that you can use it to prepare almost all types of foods.
For anyone who loves flavors and textures of fish, chicken, steaks, briskets, and burgers, this unit will give you exactly that. We were also pleased to find that it comes with an upgraded cart that features locking wheels that provides a more secure setting.
It will be an excellent choice for anyone in need of a smoker and gas grill combination that they can use for grilling, searing, or smoking. It is also suitable when you want to bake using a smoke finish.
Read also: Pit Boss Austin XL ReviewCheck Price on Amazon
5. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill with Smoker
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY !--- Set it and forget it, Automated electric feed system maintains temperature from 180ºF to 450ºF, Smart Digital Controller keeps temps within +/- 20 degrees F and makes setting the grill temperature as easy as turning a dial
- HUGE GRILLING AREA & HOPPRT CAPACITY!--- Great for Home, party, and Tailgating: 513 sq in Main rack & 187 sq in Warm Rack, 20LB Hopper Capacity that can accommodate up to 20 burgers, 5 whole chickens, or 6 racks of ribs
- Ultimate 8 in 1 Barbecue Wood Fire Pellet Grill-----Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, barbeque food all in one grill . Great Smoke Favor not only grill easier-,-Fueled by premium 100% hardwood pellets to generate heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood-fire taste that’ll make your taste buds sing
- GREAT SMOKER FAVOR ---Fueled by premium 100% hardwood pellets to generate heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood-fire taste that’ll make your taste buds sing
- 3YEARS WARRANTY - We GUARANTEE you that our grills are made from top quality materials. If you are not 100% Satisfied, we are not satisfied!
Whether you are searching for the best charcoal grill smoker combo that will enhance your barbecue experience or you want a unit that you can use to prepare foods with great flavor, Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill should be one of your top priorities.
The fact that it is fueled by 100% natural wood pellets means that you will get food with a great taste of natural wood flavors. It is also built to last since it is made of heavy-duty materials.
The grill lid is made of stainless steel while the body is made of steel. In terms of mobility, we found out that it comes with 2 wheels that have brakes. This makes it easy for you to move it to your desired location.
Don’t forget that it is a 7-in-1 unit which means that it is versatile. Want an automatic unit that you can just set up and allow it to do its work. Look no further because this one uses smart smoke technology and features an automatic electric feed system that provides temperatures of between 180 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
This means that you don’t have to be there all the time and as a result, it saves your time. One more thing you shouldn’t forget is the lifetime warranty.
For more Pellet Smokers read our guide on the “Best Pellet Smokers For 2021.”Check Price on Amazon
6. Royal Gourmet 30″ BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
- Your purchase includes One Gourmet 30” BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker, CC1830S model | Cover is not included
- Grill dimensions: 55.1 H x 48.4 W x 27.2 L | Cooking area – 800 square inches | Porcelain-coated steel wiring grates – 438 sq. in | Chrome-plated warming rack – 179 sq. in | Offset smoker – 183 sq. in | No ignition system
- Removal charcoal, ashes pan allow users to tend charcoal and dump ashes easily
- Traditional charcoal grill with offset smoker combination for dual style barbecue. The offset smoker can also be used as a small grill. Please fuel it using lump charcoal or briquet, with a small amount of wood chips added to help increase flavor
- Includes smoke stack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle, seamless connection, access door on side to tend charcoal, side air vent, and wheels to transport. New black coating process withstands temperature up to 400 and will not peel off easily
The unique aspect of this grill is the offset smoker and firebox, which allows you to grill AND smoke at the same time. That’s something that no other grill above this on the list can do!
You’ll enjoy the 800 sq in of total cooking area, with an easily-controlled temperature. Between the built-in temperature gauge, smokestack, and side access door to maintain the charcoal, you’ll be able to set and monitor the ideal cooking environment with no trouble at all.
Also functional and well-thought-of is the wire storage rack on the bottom of the cart and a side shelf with tool hooks. You can keep extra charcoal and you barbeque utensils right on hand.
Two large wheels make it a piece of cake to move this combo grill around the yard for whatever your cooking needs may be.Check Price on Amazon
7. Camp Chef SmokePro Stainless DLX Pellet Grill
- Includes All New Gen 2 PID Controller by Camp Chef (Not WIFI compatable)
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19.5 x 22
- Smoking/Warming Rack Dimensions: 6 x 24
- Hopper Capacity: 18 lbs. of pellets
- Patented Ash Can Clean out and hopper cleanout systems
Here is another unique-featured grill smoker combo. This is a pellet grill, with a side hopper.
What set’s this grill apart is the fact that you can add attachments. What sort of attachments? An optional sidekick (additional cook surface) or an optional sear box. This allows you to truly customize your grilling experience to a level that few grills can match.
You’ll find a total cooking area of 570 sq in, and an easy-clean ash dump system for when the cooking is all over.
Made of stainless construction and featuring an electronic auto-start ignition, you’ll be ready to get cooking and get to temp in no time.
This grill also offers a convenient dual LED temperature readout — the dual readout shows both the internal cooking temperature AND the internal food temperature (with the included meat probe). You’ll be able to set the temperature by choosing either a smoke setting or a specific temperature.Check Price on Amazon
8. SUNLIFER 20.5 Inch Vertical Charcoal Smoker and Grill Combo
- 【MULTI-FUNTIONAL】 - Smoking is a popular method that allows food to be preserved longer, it can be used for cold or hot smoking. Cooks different ways - smokes/grills/steams/bake/braise/roast, offers huge flexibility. The SUNLIFER smoker also can be used as a fire pit, a small charcoal grill, a single layer smoker, a bbq grill and a smoker at the same time.
- 【VERSATILE APPLIANCE】- Build-in thermometer with detailed temperature scale and 2 adjustable air vents for greater temperature control. Large capacity charcoal pan provide you a long time smoking without reloading. Removable ash pan make ashes disposal easy and efficient. Heavy duty steel body construction for durability and long life. With the custom-fit SUNLIFER premium grill cover can protect your smoker very well.
- 【LARGE COOKING AREA】- Features three chrome-plated cooking grates, total 969 sqare inches cooking area. The big cooking area can easily smoke or grill meat or vegetables at a time. And also easy to clean. With 4 hooks and crossbar inside, accommodate different sizes and types of food.
- 【LATCH LOCKING SYSTEM】 - It's easy to assemble and easy to use. Two layers design you can easily take them apart to transport or clean. Use as a bbq grill or a smoker it depends on you. With the latch locking system, it can provide you more stability.
- 【2 ACCESS DOOR】 - The advantage of 2 access door is you can open the door according you request, more flexible than the one access door. When you need to check the status of foods, you just need to open the upper door. Open the other door, you can add charcoal, wood or pellets easier.
This grill is an excellent option for a budget smoker grill combo, but still with a full selection of features.
With heavy-duty steel construction, you can expect good durability for a long life of use. The chrome-plated cooking grill inside offers an impressive 969 sq in of cooking area.
You’ll enjoy having 2 access doors — one for food, one for adding charcoal. With two layers of cooking grates, you can easily use it to grill or smoke foods.
A top adjustable vent and built-in temperature gauge you’ll be grilling to perfection in no time!Check Price on Amazon
9. Green Mountain Davy Crockett WiFi Control Portable Wood Pellet Grill
- Features Sense-Mate, a thermal sensor which constantly monitors grill temperature
- Includes a meat probe, peaked lid for rib racks, convenience tray
- Weighs 68 lbs. and folds to fits in nearly any trunk, making it the ultimate Tailgating Grill
- 110V or 12V with adapters for 3 power options
This is the only gril on our list with wifi control which by itself is one heck of a cool feature. If that’s not enough, it’s also foldable for portability, making it an awesome all-around grill for many different uses.
Plug this baby into a 12V or 120W outlet and power up the ThermalSense probe, and you’ve got just about the ultimate temperature sensor monitor, right from an app on your phone.
Constructed from durable steel and with a side tray for tools and a smokestack for venting, you really can’t go wrong with an affordable grill smoker combo like this!Check Price on Amazon
Smoker Grill Combo Buying Guide
We understand that it might not be easy to find the best one in the market due to the numerous options available out there. However, below are some of the things you should check
The first aspect you should look at when it comes to the material is the frame. Check the points where the frame is welded together to confirm whether the seams are connected properly. You also need to think of the climatic conditions of your area.
For instance, those living in areas where the rains fall frequently, they should look for a rustproof material. In this case, stainless steel may not be the best option.
Again, you need to ensure that the legs are durable and stable enough to support the other parts. Stable legs will prevent the unit from shaking when cooking.
When it comes to portability, the most important thing you should check is whether the unit has wheels. The wheels should also be durable and strong. A portable smoker grill combo is very important since at times you may need to use it in different places.
Before buying, you need to consider the number of people you will be cooking for to ensure that you have picked the correct size. For those with large families, the best option would be a unit with a very large cooking area.
Ensure that you have picked a unit with proper heat distribution. Such a unit will ensure that your food is cooked evenly.
Ease of Cleaning
If you want to get the best flavor from the smoker grill, you should clean the interior part of the unit frequently. If you are not aware, food residue can lead to the growth of bacteria inside the grill. Therefore, you need a unit that is easy to clean. A stainless steel smoker grill is unbeatable when it comes to cleaning. You should also check whether it comes with an ash catcher.
If you are searching for a product that will give you the best value for your money, then you need to check the warranty. A good grill and smoker combo should have a warranty that covers repairs and replacement for at least 5 years. If possible, look for a unit that has a lifetime or 10 years warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between wood chips and wood pellets?
What you need to note is that pellets are usually used in a grill or a pellet smoker while wood chips can be used in different smokers and grills because they are very versatile.
How do I prevent my bbq smoker combo from rusting?
A grill cover will be very important because it keeps moisture away to prevent rusting.
Should I use a chemical cleaner?
Most of the units are very easy to clean which means that you can just wipe. Some chemical cleaners may cause corrosion which means that they are not suitable. You should also check the user manual on the recommended cleaning agents.
How hot should a gas grill smoker combo get?
Most of the gas grill smoker combo is able to reach between 500- 550 degrees. You should close the lid for about 15 minutes if you want to get the best results.
Final Thoughts on Smoker Grill Combos
There you have it! With no doubt, any of the above grills will change the way you prepare foods. The good thing is that they have amazing features and are also made of quality materials to boost durability.
If you are not sure which one you should pick, comparing the features with the prices will help you to narrow down your options.
You also need to check the warranty and other important things such as wheels, size, ease of cleaning, and materials.
However, if you only looking for the best smoker grill combo, the Traeger TFB65LZBC Texas Elite 34 Smoker Grill will be an excellent option. You will find that it comes with more advanced features as compared to others which enables it to provide the best performance.