You love barbecue, but you hate getting burned by the hot grill. You’ve tried all kinds of BBQ gloves and mitts out there, but they just don’t cut it. Most are cheaply made or they don’t work at all.
We have done the research for you and found 7 great options that will keep your hands safe from the heat while grilling this summer. These BBQ gloves are durable, comfortable to wear, and well-made with high-quality materials. They will last longer than cheaper alternatives too!
When we first tested these products we were really surprised how much better they worked compared to other brands on the market today – so check them out below!
Best BBQ Gloves At A Glance
|Top Top Top Top Top||Best Overall||RAPICCA BBQ Gloves,14IN 932℉ Heat Resistant||View Details|
|Top Top Top Top||Premium Pick||GRILL HEAT AID BBQ Gloves Heat Resistant 1,472℉ EXTREME||View Details|
|Top Top Top Top||Best Value||Jolly Green Products Ekogrips Premium Heat-Resistant BBQ Gloves||View Details|
|Top Top Top Top||Best Waterproof||Artisan Griller Protective BBQ Smoker Grill Gloves||View Details|
|Top Top Top Top||Best Overall - Runner Up||BlueFire Gloves BBQ Grill Firepit Oven Mitts Heat Resistant 932 Degrees F||View Details|
|Top Top Top Top||Best for Arm Protection||Caiman 1878-5 21-Inch One Size Fits All Genuine American Deerskin Welding Glove with Boarhide Leather Heat Shield and Cuff||View Details|
|Top Top Top Top||Best Budget||Comsmart BBQ Gloves, 1472 Degree F Heat Resistant Grilling Gloves||View Details|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
How We Chose The Best BBQ Gloves
Using our 10 years of grilling knowledge and experience buying, reviewing, testing grilling products. We researched over 50 different BBQ gloves to make the best possible list for our readers; we reviewed each product based on its durability (and lack thereof), comfort level with heat protection as well as price point!
The choices were narrowed down from there by considering quality/ratings which led us finally arrive at this final verdict.
Best BBQ Gloves Reviewed
1. RAPICCA BBQ Grill Oven Gloves – Best Overall
- PRO DESIGN –Made with Food-Grade neoprene rubber, they are water, fire & stain resistant. Designed for the pit master with insulated textured palm non-slip five finger design so you can manage wet or greasy meat in your smoker or bbq and make pulled pork like the pros!
- COMFORTABLE & FLAME RESISTANT – The double layer soft cotton liner not only provide max comfortable fitting but also good insulated from heat, the gloves fits loosely so your hands stays cool and comfortable while tend to your bbq, smoker and other household tasks.The food grade neoprene coating is resistant to melting and is fire resistant, protecting your hands around smokers, grill flames and fire, making them a great camping accessory.
- EXTREMELY EASY TO CLEAN - The flexible waterproof neoprene coating on this glove is resistant to heat, grease, oil, water and stains even chemical liquid, just wash the gloves with a little soap, and hang them to dry, no oil or stains left, pleasure to use!
The Rapicca oven gloves are our best overall pick. The RAPICCA BBQ Grill Oven Gloves are the best and most comfortable gloves for cooking, smoking, grilling, & BBQ. They are made with high-quality food-grade neoprene rubber that is water, fire & stain resistant.
Designed for the pitmaster with insulated textured palm non-slip five finger design so you can manage wet or greasy meat in your smoker or BBQ and make pulled pork like the pros! The RAPICCA BBQ Grill Oven Gloves are designed to give you a firm grip on anything from meats to grilling tools while keeping your hands safe.
The glove is a super durable, heat-resistant Neoprene rubber coated BBQ grill oven glove with a 14inch length sleeve and adjustable Velcro closure. The Rapicca Pit Glove is an ideal companion for your outdoor barbecue activities such as grilling, frying, steaming or boiling, and other hot cooking tasks.
Image By RAPICCA
It’s made of thick neoprene that provides excellent protection from the high temperature of a hot grill or oven while allowing you to move freely without any restriction. It’s very comfortable to wear and it doesn’t get in the way of your work.Check Best Price
2. GRILL HEAT AID BBQ Gloves – Best Premium
- EXTREME HEAT RESISTANT GLOVES: The GRILL HEAT AID gloves are EN4O7 certified this means you can withstand heats up to 1472°F all of this protection while still giving you that all important dexterity you need for things such as using the fryer, smoker, barbecue, oven etc
- CUT RESISTANT - Awarded with the highest, EN388 level 5 cut resistance - 4 times stronger than leather. Ideal for BBQ cutting, cooking, baking, woodworking, welding, and more.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Our mitts can be used for whatever wherever whether thats indoors keeping you safe while making your significant other by cooking them an intimate meal. This allows you to focus on cooking rather than worrying about hurting yourself. Which then makes your partner happy meaning you will be happy. The Gloves can also be used outside on the BBQ such as on 4th of July making sure your celebrations dont get cut short from burning yourself.
The GRILL HEAT AID gloves are EN4O7 certified this means you can withstand heat up to 1472°F all of this protection while still giving you that all-important dexterity you need for things such as using the fryer, smoker, barbecue, oven, etc. The GRILL HEAT AID is made from top-quality leather with added Kevlar and Carbon Fibre.
This gives it a high level of heat resistance and also makes it cut-resistant. These BBQ gloves will protect your hands from extreme heat whilst allowing you to use them freely. Whether you’re grilling steak, barbecuing ribs, frying chicken, or baking fish, these gloves provide maximum protection so you can handle all heat and all cookware with ease.
These gloves are stretchable and will fit most hands comfortably.Check Best Price
3. Ekogrips Premium Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves – Best Value
- SAFE & HEAT RESISTANT TO 425°F: Ekogrips are strong, protective gloves trusted by competition pitmasters. With their extra-long cuffs, these silicone gloves safely grip and handle most hot foods and protect you from the intense heat of a grill or smoker.
- BACKYARD TESTED: Youll cook (and look) like a professional grill master with Ekogrips as you tend the grill with practiced ease. The gloves can grip a pork shoulder, yet theyre deft enough to let you turn a soft burger bun on the hot grill rack. You can add wood to the firepit without worry about burning yourself.
- KITCHEN HELPER: Ekogrips have indoor uses as well. Use them for washing dishes in hot water. The waterproof gloves sure-grip design makes them ideal for handling wet breakables. Opening an airtight jar or moving a hot slow cooker is easier and safer with these gloves.
- EASY CLEANUP: Ekogrips are made of silicone, which makes them resistant to stains and odors. Just pop them in the dishwasher to clean. Replace the old cloth oven mitts in your kitchen with these BPA-free, food-grade silicone gloves. No more greasy, messy dish towels!
This silicone BBQ glove is the perfect gift for any grill master. It’s heat resistant up to 425°F, and it offers complete protection from the intense heat of a grill or smoker. The extra-long cuffs on this silicone BBQ glove will keep you protected while cooking with practiced ease. This BBQ tool can grip a pork shoulder, yet it’s deft enough to turn a soft burger bun on the hot grill rack.
They’re made of heat-resistant silicone and designed with a sure-grip pattern that makes them easy to handle hot pans, slow cookers, grills, and even hot ovens. The gloves feature a waterproof design that protects hands from grease splatters and spills. The BPA-free material is also resistant to stains and odors for years of use.
You can add wood to the fire pit without worrying about burning yourself. Backyard tested and kitchen approved, these gloves are great for all BBQ needs.Check Best Price
4. Artisan Griller BBQ Gloves – Best Waterproof
- PRO DESIGN - Best design for Barbecue Pits and Pitmasters With An Insulated Non-Slip Five Finger Design So You Can Manage Hot Meats In your Smoker, Rotisserie or BBQ and make pulled pork Like The Pros! The 14 length adds extended protection for most of your arm. Just as useful in the kitchen as they are grilling or frying. The black Large size 10 set of gloves fits most people and is easy to put on and take off
- COMFORTABLE & FLAME RESISTANT - The Pit Glove has a soft jersey cotton liner that fits loosely so your hands stays cool and comfortable while smoking meats, pulling pork , baking, pickling and other household tasks. The food grade neoprene coating is EN 407 compliant and resistant to melting and is fire resistant, protecting your hands around smokers, grill flames and fire, making them a great camping accessory.
- PREMIUM NEOPRENE COATING - The FDA compliant neoprene rubber coating is waterproof and offers great flexibility while offering max protection from boiling water and steam - over knitted gloves. The waterproof neoprene coating on this glove is resistant to heat, grease, oil, water and stains. They are much more flexible than silicone and just as easy to clean - just wash on your hands and hang to dry
The Artisan Griller BBQ gloves are our best waterproof pick. They are made of silicone and have a cotton lining. The gloves are heat resistant up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and are machine-washable.
The 14″ length adds extended protection for most of your arm. Just as useful in the kitchen as they are grilling or frying. The longer cuff length makes them perfect for those with long arms or for those who are working on huge charcoal grills.
They have an extra room which makes them breathable. Great for those chilly evenings where you’re wearing gloves for longer periods.Check Price on Amazon
5. BlueFire Gloves BBQ Grill Firepit Oven Mitts – Runner Up
- We only use the finest grade of Kevlar/Aramid/Nomex/Silicone materials. When it comes to your skin, don’t settle for cheaper imitation brands, demand BlueFire!
- WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING - I can actually handle fire logs! Perfect for my Big Green Egg! Amazing Baking Gloves! Great forearm protection! A must have for our commercial BBQ business! Very Impressed! These gloves deliver! Excellent gift for the cook in your life! Wow! They handle the heat!
- FOREARM PROTECTION - Extra-long cuff offers more coverage and protects your forearms while reaching deep into your oven, grill, fireplace or when welding.
- CUT RESISTANT FIBER - Made with CE-Level 3 Cut Resistant Fiber so you can keep working with knives or sharp utensils while holding hot pots and pans or welding with hot metals.
The BlueFire Gloves BBQ Grill Firepit Oven Mitts are the perfect addition to your outdoor cooking. The gloves offer superior heat protection for your hands, forearms, and wrists. The extra-long cuff protects your forearm from the intense heat of fire logs, coals, or other hot surfaces.
The longer cuff also makes it easier to reach deep into your oven, grill, or fireplace. Plus, they’re great for when you’re working with hot metal while welding! These gloves are great for all types of cooking including baking and roasting in the oven, frying on the stovetop, slow cooking on the grill, and more!Check Best Price
6. Caiman 21-Inch Deerskin Welding Glove – Best Welding
- Designed for overhead welding, stick and plasma
- Industry first 21 inch glove with heavy duty padding
- Genuine American Deer split palm
- Boarhide leather heat shield patch, reinforced palm, cuff and lean on patch
- Sewn with Kevlar thread
The Caiman 21-Inch Deerskin Welding Glove is designed for overhead welding, stick, and plasma. The industry-first 21-inch deerskin glove with heavy-duty padding protects your hands from sparks and slag while providing extra protection to your thumb and fingers.
Genuine American deer split palm provides the highest quality leather in the industry. Boarhide leather heat shield patch reinforced palm, cuff, and lean-on the patch are sewn with Kevlar thread to provide added strength where you need it most.Check Best Price
7. EUHOME 3 in 1 BBQ Gloves + Grill Accessories – Best Set
- Premium Triple Material: The oven gloves consists of 3 materials. First material is silicone of cute pattern provide a non-slip protection, flexible enough to hold little kitchen utensils. Second material is ultra-high strength aramid fiber for high heat, cut, acid and alkali resistance. Third material is polyester cotton provide a soft enough on the inside. A perfect balance of the most protection and comfort.
- Upgraded Size: Based on customer feedback, we upgraded the gloves size to suit most people hand. 8 inches palm lengths palm plus extra 5.7 inches wrist guard lengths is enough to protect your fingers, hands, wrists and forearm. 4.7 inches cuff width let you easy to take on or off and provide stretchy to fit most hand size.
- Enhanced Heat Resistant: Our grilling gloves provide higher heat Resistant (1472°F) form older gloves(934°F). When you are cooking, baking, pot-holding, smoker grill handling and you can focus on your cooking things. Note: They are heat resistant, not heat proof.
- Easy to Clean & Store: Machine washable and hand wash as you like. Loop in the inside cuff, when not in use, you can be hanged your oven gloves on a hook to store or dry.
- Multi-purpose Use: Our heat resistant glove protect hands when cooking, baking, pot-holding, smoker grill handling. Perfect kitchen helper for high heat cooking, baking or grilling or anything involving he
Comsmart BBQ Gloves help you to cook food more easily and safely. These heat resistant gloves are made from premium quality fabric which provides maximum protection for your hands as well as the food, you can use them to touch hot pots and pans without getting hurt. The gloves are also perfect for handling hot meat, fish, or vegetables when cooking on the grill.Check Best Price
Who Is This BBQ Glove Guide For?
We all need bare hand protection during smoking and cooking meat. When cleaning grill mold, handling hot coals or hot grill grates, chimney starters, grill plates, or other BBQ accessories you require a set of protective grilling gloves. The best barbecue gloves protect your hand from harsh temperature with insulating materials.
A pair of gloves is a must when you are the designated grill master, and it is also one of the most important things you will need in order to make a successful barbecue. Most of the gloves on our list are also water-resistant. This is important because you can do a lot more with your hands if they are protected from high heat, liquids, and steam.
You can use them to adjust vents or slide your food off the grill rack. As expected, all of these work gloves are highly adaptable to different hand sizes. We also added a few grill gloves that are machine-washable for easy cleaning, so you can keep them fresh for your next outdoor cooking adventure.
We have put together a list of the seven best BBQ gloves that are available on the market in 2022. We looked at materials, customer reviews, features, and prices to make our selections.
Why Do You Need Grilling Gloves?
Some oven mitts designed to be used in cooking can burn from an open flame. When grilling your hand and arm often works directly against the fire. Grill gloves are specially formulated in a way that keeps you protected from high temperatures.
Some grill gloves can even let you hand touch heated charcoal or grill grits with no added materials. You can freely move food onto the fire pit as it does not require you to withdraw your arms repeatedly. It will be necessary to use a pot to remove cooking pans from the oven or to get to heat.
Why Not Just Use Tongs?
Tongs alone can be good for moving coal around or knocking the vents shut. However, you don’t really need a couple of pliers to get a 12lb brisket off their smoker. Use both gloves and tongs and ensure the gloves you buy are highly protected.
There’s nothing enjoyable about picking up a large hot grill grate with a couple of cheap tongs only to lose your foot. The commonly used tongs aren’t long enough to cover your wrists so you can also purchase a pair of 16-inch grilling tongs. Use a pair of hand tools.
How Do You Clean Grilling Gloves?
Cooking gloves can be contaminated by grease from the grill or wood. It can go greasy at any time where you’re handling oils or food. Even nice pairs of gloves can get quite rough at the touch of charcoal or soot quickly.
Light-colored gloves may be prone to staining and can damage them. Even Machine Washables can maintain the same stains if it is whiter. Should this bother you black, brown, or gray colors will better conceal staining.
There are many grill cleaning products that will help wash away those stubborn stains.
BBQ Grilling Gloves Buying Guide
It is crucial to consider three essential characteristics before buying: mechanical properties, comfort, length of a sleeve, and heat resistance.
The most commonly used grill glove is made of leather, fur, or aramid fabric. Leather is strong enough for welders forgers and heavy building workers. Aramid is a synthetic material that’s used in manufacturing ballistically designed body armor.
Grilling is a hands-on activity that requires nimble hands and fingers. Leather gloves are robust but also can inhibit movement and particularly if you are dealing with thin kabob spools. The more worn, the more secure the fit, the more the fit. The best leather gloves are capable of the dexterity of an Aramid glove.
There are multiple materials from which heat resistant gloves may be made from each with its own qualities and disadvantages, to continue to illustrate the reasons behind ours. All are described below by us in-depth.
Leather is often seen and understood as living material but requires more attention. Gloves are good for most grilling jobs but don’t have much concern about the maximum temperature range. G&F Grain Leather gloves are not heat resistant but recommend Meatheat grilling gloves.
Rubber is the material used for anything from toilets to computer screens. It’s exceptionally malleable, often 100% waterproof, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
However, a plastic hand and called silicone gloves are loose at the waist so heat can reach that point. As well they are bulky which makes it difficult during the use of thermometers such as these for precision shots or measurements. If silicone becomes sticky the material becomes very slippery and it becomes difficult to grip.
If you need to peel out boiled eggs by hand, silicone will help. It can be seen in toilets, computer rooms and in the kitchen.
Woven Fabric Gloves
Aramid fibers are classes of heat-resistant synthetic fibers widely used for firefighting aviation applications. They boast a low resistance to abrasion, extended fabric integrity at high temperatures, and a non-existent melting point. These items are used as a ballistic rated armor composite material like kevlar and as an asbestos substitute.
Aramid fiber can be broken out into two characteristics, Para and Meta each with its own power and weakness. In order to protect the gloves against heat, they are very well suited for making BBQs. Its drawbacks include the price of the product and the lack of water resistance.
Welding gloves are gloves specifically designed to protect the hands while welding. They are made of heavy-duty leather that can withstand the intense heat and sparks generated by the welding process.
Welding gloves also have a long cuff that can be wrapped around the wrist to provide additional protection from sparks and heat. Some welding gloves also come with a built-in gauntlet that extends up the arm to protect the forearms from sparks and heat.
Heat resistance is important when cooking with BBQ gloves because it protects your hands from getting burned. The gloves will also keep your hands clean and free of food residue, which is especially important if you are handling food that will be served to others.
Additionally, heat-resistant gloves can help you grip hot items more securely, which can be helpful when transferring food from the hot grill to the table.
For a typical griller 13″ gloves might be more than enough. If you are a smoker using large barrels and large brick ovens you might prefer extending cords to the end cap. The hotter the grill the more protection you need. They come in various sizes some are above the wrist and some reach 21.
Grilling gloves protect our hands but also may block sensation and movement. If you often grill delicate seafood or roast on the grill you might recommend a leather glove made of aramid. Aramid has a protective property that is however flexible and less inhibiting.
The improperly placed gloves may block the grip from the grip of the griller’s hands.
Best BBQ Gloves FAQ
What Gloves Do BBQ Pitmasters Use?
At the professional level, gloves are not just a recommendation by most pitmasters—they’re a requirement. Gloves protect from burns and keep your hands near-sterile in order to avoid any contamination that could affect the taste.
However, when you don’t have time for a thorough hand-washing before you put them on, gloves serve as a protective barrier against anything your hands may have come in contact with. What type of glove is used depends largely on the task at hand.
For example, meat processors often choose nitrile or latex gloves because they provide good grip and protection against grease and fats typically found on raw meat (not to mention they’re relatively cheap). However, if you’re tending BBQ ribs over a smoker you might want thicker more insulated gloves.
Are BBQ Gloves Worth It?
In recent years, many cooks have decided that using BBQ gloves is preferable to using a fork. In doing so, cooks avoid the mess that often occurs when turning food with a fork. Gloves can also reduce or eliminate smoke-related burns to the skin if the cook’s hands go into contact with smoke.
Rubber or silicone BBQ gloves are also very durable and will last for years of regular use. Unlike natural latex-based materials, they do not need to be hung near an open flame in order to maintain pliability – this means they’re always ready for use before cooking begins! And now with all their wonderful features, silicone barbecue gloves are even more affordable than ever before too.
What Are The Best Gloves For Handling Hot Food?
The best gloves are made of materials that are heat-resistant. They are cool to the touch even after being in contact with hot food for an extended period of time. It’s important that these gloves work well with utensils, as they can also come in contact with hot food.
Some common materials used for this kind of glove include Latex, Silicone rubber, Neoprene Rubber, Nitrile rubber, and Vinyl nitrile.
We hope these reviews have been helpful in your search for the best BBQ gloves. If you still need more help narrowing down your selection, we recommend taking a look at our top five picks on this list and reading through their pros and cons. Once you’ve narrowed it down to two or three pairs that might work best for you, try them out yourself or read customer reviews before making a final decision!
Good luck finding the perfect match- we can’t wait to hear about how they’re working out for you!